From July through December 2011, this is where I'll be. Here are the tales of my adventures!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fun things lately!

Here is a quickly summarized update of what I’ve been doing the past few weeks since my blogging has become more sporadic than it had initially been…

Now that the soccer season is over for the women, we’ve been getting to spend more time together off the field.  It’s been so much fun to meet all of them and it’s really meant a lot for me to have developed such a great team bond.


I finally got to go see a professional soccer match at the Accra stadium!!  The game was Hearts of Oak (the local Accra team) vs. Berekum.  The stadium was actually really nice and it was a lot of fun to be in a setting like that where soccer is THE sport of the nation so everyone gets really into it!


The game ended in a tie, but it was just really funny to me to see the level of play in these teams compared to the level of play I’ve been witnessing in the Black Stars, Mann U, Chelsea, and other Premier League games that are always aired on TV.  They’re wholly unlike, but live soccer is always entertaining to me!


Next came Acacia’s birthday!  Acacia also goes to UCSB, but we’d never met before and I’m so stoked that we did because I’ve really found a great friend in her.  It was her 21st birthday this week so Veronica and I got her some presents and candles for this BOMB cake that Mindy made.  You know it’s actually bomb when I say it since I don’t even like cake.


After that, we headed to an Italian restaurant in Osu, Mamma Mia’s Pizzeria, which was okay, but pretty expensive compared to the 5 GHC/day I’ve been spending on food.  From there, we went to Ryan’s Irish Pub where Acacia had her first legal drink (even though the drinking age in Ghana is 18, she’s been waiting for her 21st just to make it more special)!

No comments:

Post a Comment