From July through December 2011, this is where I'll be. Here are the tales of my adventures!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Pop Band!

One of my biggest time commitments recently has been the Pop Band Ensemble. Yes, even as a 21-year-old and in Ghana, I am still and probably always will be a proud band geek. I auditioned last week, nervous as usual, and ended up being placed on piano (no surprise there). We met on Tuesday and Thursday night (rehearsals are 10pm-midnight every week!) and had our first performance on Friday night (also every week).


We played a few traditional Ghanaian songs and then did covers of Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep,” Frankie Beverly and Maze’s “Before I Let Go,” and my personal (and I think the crowd’s) favorite, Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back.” Check out the videos below. Also in the showcase were the other student and faculty groups, which were all awesome to hear. I cannot get over how cool the music is here.



After a few slip-ups on my part, again, as usual, things went really well! We got people up and dancing and it was a great feeling to be performing again. What I’m most excited for is to get closer to the rest of the band and also to learn a lot from our directors. I’m really hoping my piano skills get stronger by the end of the semester!



No comments:

Post a Comment